Banning admin:

GrayRachnid

Type of Ban:

Job ban

Duration of ban(if temp):

7 days (Jobban)

Reason for ban:

Your version of events:

Like it was described earlier to multiple admin staff, i started the round as regular IH OP and almost immediately noticed that my colleagues, both two operatives and sergeant had intermediate intelligence at the best. Throught the corse of 10-15 minutes i made a few remarks to them about various stuff such as how is it idiotic to litter brig with your spare equipment and such. Then, over the radio, we started talking about using lethals, and i said that i could use some for my 10mm sidearm and she (sergeant) is not issuing it. Apparently, that have angered her and she proceed to call me to the brig, to her desk. I came along two operatives, and she made some lowkey emotes like "me Breathes" (literally Breathes or Breathing) and started to beat me on harm with powergloves on. Both operatives shortly went off, one of them saying "guess i will go on patrol" like nothing happened despite me being beaten, cuffed and dragged away over thing i can't comperhend yet. Then she proceed to remove my helmet and beat me more to the point when i was almost in crit and dripping blood all over. At this time i ahelped it and said that i would proabably die because of it if i won't get rejuv. Sargeant was frozen for short duration when i was getting rejuvd, then, when we both was stanging unparalized and healthy, i proceed to gun her down with rubbers and slit her throat with knife in maints because i literally couldn't stand this type of idiocratic players taking IH and command roles, while my anger and adrenaline also took over me (i do realize that wasn't the wisest thing to do). She said in common channel something like "she got me", and two operatives went after me with guns drawn. When i was done, i gone to the main bridge corridor only to see two operatives roaming around with guns and baton drawn, so firefight began. I retreated to the armory, grabbed lethal rifle, and in the 5-10 minutes they were both dead. I myself consider it self-defence, as they would do same to me if i won't do it. I don't believe they would take any explanation either because they would rather beat me to death because they sided with sergeant and their own ignorance earlier. Then, when i was making my way to heal myself, i declared publically, that "SGT and her thugs which tried to kill me now all dead". When i was close to brig med, moderator delt me damage and my arm flashed away. Then he proceeded to rejuvinate both killed by me operatives, and i was stanging in sargeant room afterwards when other operatives (with those who arrived shortly after or during encounter) began swarming me. BST spawned in at some point, but gray came in and restarted server. Afterwards I and SGT got banned from IH and from server, and surprisingly i got even longer ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I understand this was discussed two times already with both Reere and Gray, but i still feel like this punishment was unneccesary. New moderator wouldn't help situation either with his poor use of buttons, when he could just freeze us four in place and deal with it in peace. I also do acknowledge i have some anger issues sometimes, especially when i get provocated like that for literally no reason (still can't think why SGT got mad when i didn't disobey her even once). I also could have avoided that myself by allowing SGT and/or OPs kill/imprison me for the whole round and just get respawn, but i am A - don't want to suffer and get my round ruined by idiots and B - was too angry and on adrenaline to deal with this situation different myself.

I think it would be fair if SGT got his tempban removed, he might be an OK player, just not on "powerhungry" jobs and such. I personally wanted to appeal tempban too, but instead i will go for jobban because i believe this wasn't issue of me being bad IH, rather me being too angry and overescalating situation in general. Tempban is also too short (24h), and thought i would miss most of weekend launch, it's kind of stupid to appeal 24h or shorter ban, despite i also find that SGT getting only 6h kind of unfair because SGT was one who caused this whole situation after all.

TL;DR: I would like to ask that my jobban would be lifted and SGT tempban would be lifted as well for reasons stated above.

Extra notes:

I would also like to thank Gray for giving me chance to explain myself before banning me. Also, if you read it all - i kind of/might be sorry for my poor english grammar.

Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: Course - GrayRachnid

Post by Gray »

I know it's late but I only just now got freed up. I'll lift the jobban so you'll be able to play in the next update. You might think that if I was just going to lift right as you appeal then why ban you in the first place so let me explain that as well real quick.

I'm not going to be the type of person who says 'write me a 500 word essay on why you should be unbanned' the way some /tg/ admins do, but at the same time writing an appeal helps you calm down and re-evaluate everything you've done from beginning to end. I'm glad that you took the time to write out your response. On a side-note your english is fine as it is and it's understandable, no worries there.

Thanks for being understanding, also I was riddled with a headache last night and it wasn't a good day so I might have overreacted(especially with the restart) and came off aggressively at the beginning.