Ban Appeal

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

RichardSanchez

Ban Appeal

Post by RichardSanchez »

I got banned for destroying fuel tanks and killing myself. I never blew up any fuel tanks.I would like to know in what round that happend. I never ever griefed. It may be a mixup of some sort. My BYOND username is Mateja03 and my in game names are Mortimor Smith and Richard Sanchez.
RichardSanchez

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by RichardSanchez »

i also want to tell you how I died the last few rounds,
Last round: a spider killed me in the bottom cargo floor. around 4:30pm today
Round before that: Didnt die. Around 2pm today
Round before that: It keept disconnecting me from the game nonstop soo I just left and didnt play. around 12 pm yesterday
Round before that: I was a commie and escaped safely around 11pm yesterday
Dont remember any more
You can also check if i destroyed any fuel tanks in the chat logs.
Alani
Wiki Head

Post by Alani »

I will edit this post when I get the logs.

You were banned because I noticed an 'EVENT' of you specifically shooting a fuel tank and then another. Then I jump to the position and your body was dead or dying next to remnants of explosion. Because you were not in game for comment and appeared to have left without saying a word I went with the assumption you committed suicide and left the server out of boredom.

I was suggested to ban instead of simply put up a note. If you can offer better explanation and if LOGS favor you, you will probably be unbanned. Otherwise ban may shorten or stay same dependent on your response.

We have had many issues of people coming in getting bored and committing suicide instead of just going into cryo like a normal person. Those people will start getting punishments because when they commit suicide they either take up role spaces for the entire round, cause damage to ship system, or cause harm to others around them in their stupidity.

Because you did not ahelp your situation or say anything in dead chat tells me you most likely got bored and committed suicide via fuel tank like other people have done in some situations. So when you respond elaborate with your events, etc etc. When I get logs from server we will verify and review and Gray or another higher admin will make a decision

Also please abide by the Ban appeal format. Which includes the correct title, etc etc.
RichardSanchez

Post by RichardSanchez »

Here is some stuff that may be useful, i dont really know what game it was i suppose it was the one in 4 pm today.
I saw a spider in the bottom floor of the maints, then I went ahead trying to kill it with a shotgun. I missed the spider and got killed by it. Then I left the game because I was just bleeding and suffocating to death which would take a while and I couldnt call for help and I cant wait for me to die. So i just left the game. I dont even know where the fuel tanks are nor how to explode them. Maybe a changeling took my body and destroyed them. Idk i would have to wait for you to look thru the logs.
Alani
Wiki Head

Post by Alani »

I am looking at logs in a moment.
Alani
Wiki Head

Post by Alani »

OK this is what the log says
[15:55:32] b6f-cthJ ATTACK: Mateja03/(Mortimor Smith) shot (/obj/item/projectile/bullet/shotgun) *no key*/(giant spider) (INTENT: HARM) (<A HREF='?
[15:55:45] b6f-cthJ GAME: Mateja03/(Mortimor Smith) shot fueltank at Supply Shuttle Hangar (116,90,1).
[15:55:45] b6f-cthJ GAME: Explosion with size (0, 1, 3) in area Supply Shuttle Hangar
[15:55:45] b6f-cthJ GAME: Explosion with size (0, 1, 3) in area Supply Shuttle Hangar
[15:55:50] b6f-cthJ ATTACK: Mateja03/(Mortimor Smith) attacked *no key*/(giant spider) with shovel (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:56:15] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : gasps!
[15:56:15] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : <B>Mortimor Smith</B> gasps!
[15:56:21] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : gasps!
[15:56:21] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : <B>Mortimor Smith</B> gasps!
[15:56:25] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : gasps!
[15:56:25] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : <B>Mortimor Smith</B> gasps!
[15:56:48] b6f-cthJ ADMIN: EVENT Mortimor Smith is affected by breakdown Obsession with duration
[15:56:48] b6f-cthJ ADMIN: EVENT Space dust event triggered,
[15:56:52] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : gasps!
[15:56:52] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : <B>Mortimor Smith</B> gasps!
[15:56:56] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : gasps!
[15:56:56] b6f-cthJ EMOTE: Mortimor Smith/Mateja03 : <B>Mortimor Smith</B> gasps!
[15:57:03] b6f-cthJ ACCESS: Logout: Mateja03/(Mortimor Smith)
It would appear you were attacking a spider, and lost badly. The logs do not show that the spider attacked you, but it appears it does not show mobs attacking players regardless. I will discuss with others and your ban will probably be lifted at their decision.

Okay, your ban was lifted.