INFRARED-BARON

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

1 month

Reason for ban:

Spawn camping in deep maintenance after being explicitly told not to. Abusing the antagonist role to spread chaos and ruin the gaming enviroment for everyone else. Also SM bombing again.

Your version of events:

To start, the SM bombing shit just outright wasn't me, it was another ling (jacob crow iirc) that got pinned on me. For most of the round i was peacefully exploring deep maints as a ling, around halfway through we came across a ladder up to ironhammer.
Me and a group of vagabonds decided to raid and pillage ironhammer, we did this successfully, slaughtering the whole department and declaring the armoury free reign for the crew.
After this, i decided to go back to deep maints, and prowl around for people to fight. I fought about 6-7 people, none of whom were just coming down ladders as far as i know, and absorbing them so they could revive as zombies.
Later on in the round i decided to exit deep maints to give the crew some shit too, but i didn't kill anyone there and just minorly fucked with some shit.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I didn't know what i was doing counted as "spawn camping" as an admin did not say anything about it until roundend, and all the people i attacked didn't JUST come down ladders, neither was i standing next to one and waiting for people.
I apologize and realize that i should of waited awhile for people to mess with the new deep maints feature, and am sorry for ruining their experience with the new content.

Extra notes:

GET ME OUTTA THIS WACK ASS CRYSTAL PRISON YO

Reere
Maintainer

Re: Ban Appeal - Jeffery Jefferson

Post by Reere »

Ban was almost a month ago, I don't know how we suppose to discuss situation when trail is cold as fuck.
Nozarati

Post by Nozarati »

Yeah, I have no idea why you were even banned for that round. We robbed the Ironhammer dormitories due to a deep maint hole popping up there and then later split off into seperate groups exploring the deep maints. I was with another person when someone ran up to us and said they killed a changeling but couldnt hack his head off cause of no knife. So we pulled our guns out and blindly followed the person deeper into the maint where we were thrown onto bear traps and robusted, i was with another person and we both ended up dying to due lack of ammo but it was fair game from what I saw. Later in dchat i found out it was jeff, and had to admit that he got me with the whole bit about not having a knife.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I admit the SM part at the end was a mistake and I was unable to edit it out because our ban DB is still.. bad.. The edit button doesn't work. Moving on though, towards the other allegations. First of all, the ladder camping.
[18:37:12] b7A-cRdj SAY: Inspector Ivanovich/Jeffery jefferson : Lets trap the ladder.
[18:37:24] b7A-cRdj SAY: Inspector Ivanovich/Jeffery jefferson : Trap the ladder.
[18:37:45] b7A-cRdj SAY: Inspector Ivanovich/Jeffery jefferson : We have a ladder.
[18:37:47] b7A-cRdj SAY: Inspector Ivanovich/Jeffery jefferson : That leads to IH.
You can deny it all you want but the proof is there.

As for the second charge, the one about abusing your antagonist role.

Let me bring up the tally.
[18:48:54] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Marian Del Carmena)
[18:51:55] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Abel Crawsticks)
[19:02:13] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Izami ''Imp'' Hani)
[19:08:45] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Nozeman Bones)
[19:11:33] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Simon Mathews)
[19:12:42] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Bill Swinston)
[19:16:38] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Michael Robertson)
[19:22:56] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Kobe Koster)
[19:24:05] b7A-cRdj ATTACK: Jeffery jefferson/(Jeffery Jefferson) strangled (kill intent) *key*/(Thomas Papillon)
Here's everyone you absorbed. But not everyone you killed. You also killed 3 more people, for a total of 12. At the beginning, you were engaging in a lot of fun activities. Your raid on IH was fine, I have no problem with it. Camping the ladder was not okay but let's assume I forgive you for it on the basis that it's the first round of deepmaint. Yet, you go off and kill 12 people as an antagonist and proceed to try and shoot everyone up in the south pod after you're bored. And while you did not set the SM aflame, it was assumed that you did it because you went and picked a fight with the TM in engineering.

You also shot at a few others in deepmaint just to see if you can kill them but ran off after they grouped up on you.

Your ban is running out soon and honestly I would not have been against unbanning you earlier into the ban but your actions this time around are really crossing the line. The line that says 'do not cross' when it comes to not making the server an enjoyable place for everyone. While I understand that you were encouraged to do this due to the testing of the deepmaint PvP rule, you and your actions alone are making me reconsider it. It wasn't made so you can go off and kill everyone in deepmaint, it was made so that people have an area where they can express themselves more and get to be more violent. I want to keep PvP deepmaint around so please don't ruin it for everyone else.

Jeff, I need you to understand that your personality and your persona is really popular in the community. Even I enjoy the shit you're up to sometimes. However, this popularity comes with the price of people imitating you. The reason we were harsh with the ban this time around was because we really wanted to send the message that "What Jeff did today is REALLY not okay." I hate to use you as a monkey to scare the others but I also want you to be a good role model. You're a strong influence in Eris and I don't think anyone can replace you, I would love to keep you around but I also need you to work with me on keeping your actions ones that provide a fun environment for everyone, not ruin it just because you can.

I'm up to removing this ban early depending on your replies. And, let me add. Some staff are really pissed off at your actions and do not want you around. Some wanted this to be a permaban. I disagreed and made it a month-long ban. However, that came with the condition that this is your 'last chance' and that the next time would be a permanent ban. I don't want that to happen either so please work with me here.
jeffjefferson

Post by jeffjefferson »

The trapped ladder thing was a single beartrap i setup next to the ironhammer deep maint ladder because we were healing in a cluster of sleepers right next to it. It was never set off and i disarmed it shortly afterwards, that's all i did next to ladders. Nozeman can confirm this, as he was there during it.

A decent portion of the people i killed were ironhammer ops or people defending ironhammer, and most of the others were people who had looted ironhammer (some of them were even in the raid with me) and were stalking around deep maint in groups, with full gear.
I get where you're coming from on this though, and i can understand why it might ruin the experience to get killed like this while trying to play with a new feature, and i see why i got banned for it.
Tenno
Community Mod

Post by Tenno »

You killed exactly 3 ironhammer and the MBO in Ironhammer department. Then went out.
Nozarati

Post by Nozarati »

Whats the point of even having the deep maints rule then? Nobody has done any fighting down there that Ive seen, since jeff got banned for killing a couple people down there as antag. No reason to even have the rule since its pretty much exactly like regular maints.The bear trap thing can be done on any ladder and yeah, it was just a single trap that nobody even triggered.

Most of the people were involved in some kind of gunfight and had a chance to fight back, not like they were cheesed in some kind of fashion.
As one of the people that got killed, its not like it was any worse than any other changeling player on the regular maints of the ship.

Also it sounds like some people were just throwing jeffs name around for other stuff with an SM crystal; which a bunch of other people did the same thing the next 10 rounds before it was changed to a shard anyways.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I'm willing to lift the ban early under the condition that you try to think from the perspective of yourself that I described in my previous post.
jeffjefferson

Post by jeffjefferson »

Yeah, i understand. What i did reflects off on other players who look up to me as a "role model", influencing them into thinking that abusing the antagonist status to just kill people on a whim is good, and something they can/should do, when in reality it reduces the quality of everything, and is just not fun for the people who are being killed.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

:thumbsup: Consider it lifted. I'm not sure how shit our ban database is but you might not be able to connect until next round.