alanii

Where were you banned:

EN Server

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

11000 minsSilent

Reason for ban:

Paraphrased: Silently depopulating server as an antag. Can't kill for fun.

Your version of events:

Found my target. He was being a dick to me. Cornered him in a 2x2 maint room. Fireaxed him to death. Hacked the body up to find the cruiform thing. Can't figure out how to get it. Cry. Give up.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

If alanii actually knew enough to figure I was an antag he should also have seen who was my target and, that my target was the only person I killed. The ban reason was made to paint me in a bad light (a.k.a. a single person who was my target was neither depopulating the server nor, for fun compared to say, the drone which killed most of the station the round before that)

Alani
Wiki Head

Re: Omnitricks -alanii

Post by Alani »

Better to not belittle the banning admin. You were banned because multiple people made a complaint in previous complaint regarding what you did in the round with the blitzshell you mentioned and then made another complaint in the round afterwards regarding you attacking crew.

Being an antagonist does not give you free reign to assault the crew just because you are antagonist. If you are going after your target it is best not to involve majority of the crew unless you can not help it. Especially when it is low population.

Low Pop players should know its better to role play more and be more creative rather than silently attacking their targets in a dark corner like an edgy katana trench coat boy.

Because you decided to log out as soon as I showed up to investigate that told me you just wanted to kill and leave.

I will look at logs and verify whether or not it was warranted or not. But you will have to be patient. Work is busy and Chosuek is right around the corner.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks »

Alani wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:32 am Better to not belittle the banning admin. You were banned because multiple people made a complaint in previous complaint regarding what you did in the round with the blitzshell you mentioned and then made another complaint in the round afterwards regarding you attacking crew.
Wow starting with a threat really inspires confidence, especially when your position doesn't absolve you from being called out on bad decision making. Also blitzshell round? You mean the round where I only killed one person (the clown/witness to me not being attacked by spiders who probably only ahelped because he wanted me to antag him which I refused) because evolution points; the blitzshell has been getting rid of bodies as well and swarms of spiders all over the place blocking everything?

So that's two rounds, with only a singular kill in each both with a clear benefit to me, the antag. The equivalent of silently depopulating the server for the fun of it in your mind. Again, doesn't inspire much confidence in your adminning since it seems you are overexaggerating things to make it stick when frankly, how flawed your assumption is something you'd have been able to see if you investigated properly.
Alani wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:32 amedgy katana trench coat boy.
Again with exaggerated labels just to try and convince yourself you made the right decision and I deserve it. I'm feeling more and more secure with getting out of this unscathed. In fact I think I did way more roleplay motivated things than you would think of since I dragged around the corpse of the merchant to try and get him revived because he was fortunate enough to establish a background with me before I gave up (don't know how reviving in NT works) and exploded his body so I could MMI his brain.
Alani wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:32 amBecause you decided to log out as soon as I showed up to investigate that told me you just wanted to kill and leave.
I logged out long after the act, where I was going back and forth from the scene to medbay to get healed and figure out how I was going to do surgery to get the cruciform (and deciding it wasn't worth breaking into medbay since it was manned by a competent doctor who was also doing surgery to I think a technoguy) after I looked through the discord/wiki. I didn't even get any pm from you so "as soon as you showed up" is yet another exaggeration because there was a reasonable amount of time before I gave up.
Alani
Wiki Head

Post by Alani »

Until I look at logs you should probably stop the belittling.

If I am wrong or not will not matter if you continue act like asshole.
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

Can you tell me the day at which you were banned?
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks »

Doktor710 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:50 pm Can you tell me the day at which you were banned?
I think it should be around 12 PM GMT on Monday (28/9).
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

After looking at the logs I found that you indeed was an antag and you actually only killed your target and then went SSD. In that case I can't see any reason as to why you shouldn't be unbanned, since that can't really be classified as depopulating the server.

Appeal approved.

By the way, sorry that it took so long, I was pretty busy.