BYOND username:
Zaphod42

Banning admin:
Alanii

Type of Ban:
A week

Reason for ban:

Your version of events:
Was playing a fine round as AI. When in a hurry trying to report on a murder in progress I said "He ded" more out of quickness than any thing else. I got a bwoink saying i need to act like a robot.
I went on the discord after the round asking if i could get some RP wiggle room as AI to act a bit more personable and was basically told no because it attracts meme players.
But then when I pointed out there is an actual Rick and morty character named Richard Sanchez the admins started defending this character saying it was a common name even providing a screen shot of how many people in the us have and continued to say that even if i was a meme it doesn't matter because they dont act like the meme.
I replied they infact do on a regular basis, provided evidence (thair character talks like and dresses like the meme)
The admins claim to never have watched rick and morty so it wasn't a meme to them.
Then i was banned because in the next round I made a rick and morty meme.
This carried over from discord where i was trying to argue admins are being inconsistent with the rules and RP.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Its the week of a global quarantine, to ban me for a week for essentially disagreeing with the admins is way over reacting.
I am not disruptive to play and have no history of it. I dont plan to be disruptive to play in the future.

PS. by admin logic i should be able to play homer simpson and harry potter because their common names.
Alani
Wiki Head

Re: ban appeal Zeek Phod

Post by Alani »

Due to the Outbreak of the Wuhan Flu, your ban has been adjusted and downsized from 1 week to half of week. Currently at 5,700 minutes instead of the previous 11400.

However your ban still stands. I simply asked you not use chatroom speech in game and to act more like an AI due to your speech use being nothing related to AI and more like regular human player. As stated multiple time, AI are AI. They can have a personality, but they can not be overtly human in nature unless they're malf or a law dictates they must act foolish. You argued for a bit before abiding and I left it as that.

Later in discord you started complaining with another user 'kkk or something' regarding someone's in character name. Admins and I have already told you to stop and the kkk person to stop because we have handled the issue regarding the name. You continued to persist and argue and begin throwing retard around as insult because you did not get it your way.

Afterwards you began exclaiming in discord about how next round will be a meme round and majority of everyone told you it is not a good idea. Especially after you previously being warned about using odd speech in game.

When you got into next round, you decided to meme. Maybe if you decided not to be shitler and meme on purpose after arguing with admins you would not have been banned. Instead you decided to confront me and attack me just because I would not resolve an issue that has been resolved. If you have more issue regarding this ban, feel free to appeal again, maybe? Dunno if you can appeal again. But this is this.

Below are excerpts from discord, cropping out my rage cap bit because you continued to argue after being asked to stop multiple time.

Zeek

Post by Zeek »

Fair enough.
I just want to note im not associated with that other guy kkj in any way.
I think he was just jumping on my argument because he saw it as a chance to cause trouble, where as I legit complaint.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I originally planned to deny this appeal but it expired.