grayrachnid

Where were you banned:

English Server

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

4320 Minutes

Reason for ban:

As a non-antag vagabond that robbed the armory, killed an operative for just trying to get their equipment back.

Your version of events:

I robbed the armory after a different vagabond let me in and also robbed it, but that's not the key point: The key point is the IH operative in question explicitly and repeatedly said that if he found me he intended to kill me. He then 'attempted to get his equipment back' by coming at me, and as such I killed him. Then, I submitted myself to justice and was promptly beheaded.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Because it wasn't for 'just trying to get his equipment back'. When a guy repeatedly tells you over the radio they intend to kill you when they find you, that's a pretty good sign that they're not gonna just try to get their stuff back

Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: Please Unban Xenonia

Post by Gray »

SAY: Dimas Valozk : Roaches took them.
SAY: Operative: Ah yes, roaches.
SAY: Operative: Did roaches break the windows and take armour too?
SAY: Operative: Well, shame.
SAY: Operative: Kiulling roaches is part of my job.
SAY: Operative: If i catch the 'roach' that looted our armoury, i'm not going to be very kind.
SAY: Operative: Sure is, i happen to be missing one of those.
SAY: Operative: He happen to have any of our uhhh... grenades on him?
SAY: Operative: Well, you wanna return them, or am i gonna have to pry them outta your cold, dead hands, space man?
EMOTE: Operative: sighs.
SAY: Operative: I got my work cut out.
SAY: Operative: Jeff? Who?
SAY: Operative: Why are you like this.
ATTACK: Operative () was hit by a NT DFG "Pomme", thrown by Josiah Menial (xenonia) (<A HREF='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=91;Y=86;Z=3'>JMP</a>)
The only time he mentions killing is in response to roaches and when giving you an option to return them peacefully. I don't see these threats you're talking about.
Xenonia

Post by Xenonia »

Killing roaches is part of my job. If I catch the 'roach' that looted our armory, I'm not going to be very kind.

He's not talking about roaches, he's talking about me and the other vagabond. That's pretty obvious. He then asks if he's going to have to pry the weapons from my 'cold dead hands'.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Well, you wanna return them, or
notice he says or? He's giving you an option here. Return the guns or he'll have to take extreme measures.
If i catch the 'roach' that looted our armoury, i'm not going to be very kind.
Yeah because if he catches you, you'll probably end up in the brig for a long time.
Kiulling roaches is part of my job.
This is quite clearly satire in response to you saying roaches robbed the armory.
When a guy repeatedly tells you over the radio they intend to kill you when they find you
You started off your appeal with a lie saying you were repeatedly threatened when you weren't. I don't see a good reason to accept this.
Xenonia

Post by Xenonia »

I mean it wasn't an intentional lie, I simply don't have access to the logs. Given I had no intention of returning the guns, extreme measures were therefore inevitable. And no, it wasn't pretty obviously satire given the way IH tends to act. I feel as though for some reason this is personal to you given your weirdly hostile attitude, but that's neither here nor there. My point is, a threat was made towards me and I reacted.
Xenonia

Post by Xenonia »

In fact this whole thing seems to come from some weird perspective of IH being 'good guys', when for the most part they're absolute thugs who beat the shit out of anyone for any reason. IH is just as likely to decapitate you and throw you out an airlock as they are to take you to the brig.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

You were given the option to return the guns peacefully. You had the ability to return the guns peacefully. Instead you took the guns that you, as a non-antag, should not have robbed in the first place and used them to commit murder that breaks our rules.

Denied, this is your punishment for self-antagging and murdering another player without following the rules around murder.

Please do not lie when dealing with the administration. If you are lacking logs then just say you are. Lying will just increase your punishment duration.
Xenonia wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:12 pm In fact this whole thing seems to come from some weird perspective of IH being 'good guys', when for the most part they're absolute thugs who beat the shit out of anyone for any reason. IH is just as likely to decapitate you and throw you out an airlock as they are to take you to the brig.
Read my latest post in the news channel on discord. Both sides are going to be strictly held accountable to the rules from now on.