Grayrachnid

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent job ban

Reason for ban:

Banned for killing a guy during a search

Your version of events:

Got called down to assist with a search and they found traitor gear on the guy so we had him cuffed and on the ground, his PDA was open on the tator buy screen so I killed him on the spot

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Shouldn't have been banned for killing an antag in the first place I mean I was just doing my job lol command roles should be lifted too because that ban was temp and was lifted today

Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: Itsmereuben by Grayrachnid

Post by Gray »

Your full ban reason is the following:

As IH, executed another player during an arrest despite that player complying with all IH requests. The player was being arrested for carrying a Regulator shotgun. This behavior in conjuction with previous warnings and punishment make me believe that reuben is not cut out for security or command roles. Permaban from all Command&Sec + A day ban.

You were an IH Gunnery Sergeant during this arrest. You were not a head of staff, the IH Commander or the FO/Captain. For one, you did not have the authority to execute someone, much less someone in custody. Second, just because they had a 'Traitor PDA' open does not make them valid. Not to mention the other player complied with the arrest every step along the way. What you did was a dick move and your behavior as IH in previous rounds has been nothing short of dis-likable.

With these two reasons alongside the fact that you were still on a head of staff jobban when this happened, I am against lifting the permanent jobban from your account until reports of improved behavior. I'll be forwarding this appeal to my Sector Vice and Admins to review just in case you think i'm biased for whatever reason.

Plus, I don't appreciate you telling me to "Just lift it" in my DMs after I had referenced you twice to appeal on the forums. That's a fourth reason why i'm against lifting your ban.
itsmereuben

Post by itsmereuben »

He was a traitor, he had traitor weapons as well. And yes, I did message you because I thought you'd simply lift the ban after I told you about him being a traitor but you insist on making a big deal about it for whatever reason, the ban wasn't warranted and I'm sure if you asked anyone else that was present during that you'd have known that he was an antag and that makes him valid or am I wrong for assuming that?
itsmereuben

Post by itsmereuben »

And the only two previous incidents were for beating a guy and shooting a grenade off in the guild which I was temp banned from command roles for, I'll settle for the sec bans being lifted though
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

itsmereuben wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:03 am he was an antag and that makes him valid or am I wrong for assuming that?
If you'd read my post, you'd see:
Gray wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:38 am Second, just because they had a 'Traitor PDA' open does not make them valid.
The main reason you were punished is for breaking our murder rule:
You must have a good reason for killing another player. This can be: self-defense, a long-running conflict, the execution of the order (the person who gave the order will answer for the murder) and the execution of the death sentence.
  1. This was not self defense as he was in custody
  2. This was not a long-running conflict
  3. You were not executing an order
  4. You did not have the authority to execute the death sentence
Our rules do not state anywhere that antagonists are "valid". They are treated like any other crew/inhabitant on the ship until they are proven a threat or break the Paragraphs.
itsmereuben

Post by itsmereuben »

The traitors had been bombing and abducting crew for awhile, that sounds like a proven threat to me and you’re the one that brought validity up in the first place he had several tator weapons I had reasonable cause to kill an enemy for what him and the other traitors were doing which was causing damage to the ship harming crew members, I just fail to see how a traitor would be protected under the same rules non antagonists are, so in your eyes I should cuff and interrogate a carrion opposed to killing it because it’s following my orders?
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

A carrion breaks a Red Paragraph simply by existing and this specific Red Paragraph gives you authorization to immediately execute them. An antagonist with an uplink does not break a Paragraph that gives you an authorization to immediately execute them. Do not attempt to strawman argument this, you were punished for killing a traitor, not a carrion.
itsmereuben

Post by itsmereuben »

And if you’d have asked any other player they’d have tell you we were hunting the traitors down for awhile and he was the first one we found after they blew up mobeius and shot people walking down the hallways because they wanted to cause mayhem so I killed him when we found him because he had all that traitor shit on him not to mention the PDA so he was a proven threat liable to hurt someone else so instead of taking the risk in future encounters I took him out right there
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Taking him out "right then and there" breaks our murder rule.
itsmereuben

Post by itsmereuben »

He had killed crew members, bombed science, and we had been chasing them for awhile I fail to see how that breaks any rule