The first round of this test.

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

User avatar
Gray
EN Sector Head
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by Gray »

MacBlaze wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:52 pm John didnt just decap him without prior conflict, the man was being an annoying shithead in chemistry and I asked him to stop harassing John and being in chemistry many times. I will admit it was a bit far to decap. I did not give a shit however that he WAS decapped. I can confirm the parts about the cleanbot/space cleaner shit, the part where I told him to stop being a shithead, how I was taking John to surgery and trying to heal him. This doctor was going to end up killing John. I didnt want him dead of course. I didnt give a shit if someone killed him. i will admit that decaping is iffy. John was in crit, and was heavily bleeding with lots of damage. He acted in a survival instinct, and killed the man.
Saying this doctor was going to end up killing John with no logs to back it really detracts from your point. I'm sorry but I can't buy it, call me practical but despite the buggy mess of the server, the logs always speak the truth. Maybe he did walk up to John with a cleaver, but that does not mean they signed their death warrant.
MacBlaze wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm
GlitterGuts wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 pm Being annoying shouldnt be a death warrant.
John was scared for his life, as he was hurt badly and needed surgery. He did overreact. Could we make this a warning instead of a note for improper escalation?
Notes are your history, if you get warned, it also gets put in the notes.
User avatar
GlitterGuts
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by GlitterGuts »

MacBlaze wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm
GlitterGuts wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 pm Being annoying shouldnt be a death warrant.
John was scared for his life, as he was hurt badly and needed surgery. He did overreact. Could we make this a warning instead of a note for improper escalation?
Im not seeing the issue here. A note is basically just a warning. It's for the staff to look back on as a sort of 'judge of character'

You are not being banned or punished mechanically because of this.
User avatar
Alani
Wiki Head
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:52 am

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by Alani »

You should deal with situations in a legitimate manner instead of unga unga grabbing them and throwing them. Especially if they're your coworkers. I feel like we need to get people to understand what medium role play is or some shit. Because clearly yeeting people because they bother you or you don't like what they're doing is extremely stupid. This complaint just shows you will throw people around if you assume they're stupid in your opinion.

If you think anyone is stupid or doesnt know their job teach them or ahelp and if there is an observing admin they can link the person to somewhere helpful or help them on the spot. Killing for stupidity will kill the playerbase.
Image
JohnPeppercorn
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

If anyone ever got fired for incompetence, i would be a lot less likely to resort to physically fixing issues than taking my concerns to my boss (Who was also yelling at them for being incompetent). I really like to roleplay. When I get antag, I typically play a crew-sided antag even if I'm not marshall because I don't like killing people. But if I think someone is trying to kill me, I'm going to kill them first.
User avatar
Gray
EN Sector Head
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:28 pm

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by Gray »

Moving this to archived.
Locked