Admin Incongruity

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

JohnPeppercorn

Admin Incongruity

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

The Admins on this server really need to be taught how to engage with players in a non-hostile manner, and to have some sort of general guideline on how to punish players, as the staff member you get handling your situation greatly affects the outcome currently.

At the end of the most recent round, I was an antagonist using a rigsuit with an active camoflauge module, shooting into the escape pods because I was upset the ship was evacuating for no reason, and it was my right to do so as an antagonist.

InfaredBaron (Who is one of the members of the admin team who insists the only thing I do in this community is start shit, despite my contributions to the wiki, and legitimate discussion in many channels on discord) saw fit to intervene directly into the round, by using the drop-everything verb on me (which i will admit he didn't know was lethal) instead of bwoinking me because he was convinced he had warned me IN DISCORD (Which he did not, you can search all instances of my name in reference to the chameleon projector bug, and you will find no mention of me.) and immediately threatened to perma ban me.

This was obviously a pretty big fuckup, and I've still to this point in time recieved no apology for mistaken identity, or the ruining of the end of my traitor round.

Discuss
INFRAREDBARON

Re: Admin Incongruity

Post by INFRAREDBARON »

Well, in my defense, I should remark that I never done any of alienation in community, and any other community members can confirm this.
About my lack of apologies, I've agreed with fourty2 in ahelps about lightheartedness of my actions shorty after the accident, and remarked that bug abusing is treated rather harshly here, which was for some reason perceived as threat, while it was a warning.
In short summary, I do apologize for causing unintended effects by using functions, that I misinterpreted.
And as a small note, I would lay out that said module, was not intended to be accessible in-game by any means.
JohnPeppercorn

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

Thank you for your apology, i don't want anyone to be punished, just more uniformity in the actions of moderators and admins in general.

Also, as a player, I had no way of knowing that I wasn't supposed to be able to obtain that module, as it is commonly used and sold on the ship.

I understand why you would assume I was abusing a bug.
JohnPeppercorn

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

Also, I had confused Infared with Reere, and I apologize for that, Infared has never denigrated me in the community.
Alani
Wiki Head

Post by Alani »

Currently the chameleon bug has been specifically mentioned as a bug in the #dev-blog channel. So taking action when its been mentioned publicly shouldn't be a surprise to you.
JohnPeppercorn

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

There was no bug abuse, in case you haven't read all the posts.