Random periods of time, my sleep schedule is a myth

How long have you played SS13?:

6 years :angrycanvas:

How long have you played on Eris?:

A year?

Previous Admin experience, if any:

Head of large Russian server

Why do you want to be an admin?:

Keeping devchannels clear of shitposting (it is a problem and you know it). Keeping ru sector clear of political spillage. Just keeping everything in check when needed.

Extra notes:

:flatcat:

IlyaIII
Executive Secretary

Re: Techlock's Staff Application [DISCORD ONLY]

Post by IlyaIII »

What exactly "Large" server you were a head on? It's quite important to know. Is that server still in tact? Dead and long forgotten?
And although the question in application is "Why", not "What do you want to do" the message is quite clear.
Techlock
Community Admin

Post by Techlock »

IlyaIII wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:05 am What exactly "Large" server you were a head on? It's quite important to know. Is that server still in tact? Dead and long forgotten?
And although the question in application is "Why", not "What do you want to do" the message is quite clear.
Gamma server. Had over 100 online for quite a while. Yes, it is dead, but it died after I stepped down from position (for personal reasons) due to lack of development and pretty bad decisions from my sucsessor.
As for the "why" part - because I want to help the community and server in general, even if don't really want to do the coding part.
IlyaIII
Executive Secretary

Post by IlyaIII »

You mentioned that you want to keep dev channels clean of shitpost. How would you define a shitpost? Where would be the line of something that certainly you don't like and something that is clearly a shitpost created for shits and giggles?
Techlock
Community Admin

Post by Techlock »

IlyaIII wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:00 pm You mentioned that you want to keep dev channels clean of shitpost. How would you define a shitpost? Where would be the line of something that certainly you don't like and something that is clearly a shitpost created for shits and giggles?
I may like or not like certain proposals. But they still have a right to be. But I consider ideas like "make bullets kill instantly on headshot" or "add [this popular atm meme]" shitposts, and people who make them and do not understand simple warnings should not have an access to writing in dev channels.
IlyaIII
Executive Secretary

Post by IlyaIII »

Righty-ho.
I haven't noticed anything seriously bad from you earlier and your responses were acceptable, so-o-o.
Consider yerself our brand new community moder.