Gennesee big cringe

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

Plasmatik

Gennesee big cringe

Post by Plasmatik »

Just look at the following images:

This is a game moderator who spawned themselves in as a wizard, completely destroying the atmosphere of the game for other players, and then proceeded to do /tg/station style announcements and got another player involved. When their fun was taken from them for entirely in-character reasons, they took it to OOC by trying to wield their moderator powers against the "offending" player, and repeatedly used admin buttons to spawn in as random shit (mouse, a BS tech) to interfere with the round.

This person should not have the ability to touch the admin panel at all.
genessee

Re: Gennesee big cringe

Post by genessee »

This is a game moderator who spawned themselves in as a wizard
Normal human with a vanity wizard hat and blue jumpsuit. No powers whatsoever. Oh, but he had jackboots, but I don't think those are especially magical or disruptive.

I sold pieces of reskinned armor and clothing that looked like runescape gear. This shit was on-par with armor you could find in maintenance.

I sold;
Coin oddity, reskinned to look like a runescape coin. 5000 credits.
Operator armor vest, reskinned to look like a runescape mithril chainbody. 1200 credits(?)
Uranium coin, reskinned to look like a runescape nature rune. Gave it for free, as the item was completely useless for any purpose other than larping.

That was it.
completely destroying the atmosphere of the game for other players
Fair enough, though you seemed to be the only one that was bothered by this.

Though I'd like to note that everyone seemed to be having a good time. Captain and technomancer thought it was funny, as far as I could tell. Everyone else was just ignoring it.
and then proceeded to do /tg/station style announcements and got another player involved
One announcement saying that someone had gotten 99 magic, and another warning the crew that some simplemobs were coming.

Captains make worse announcements. I don't see the issue.
When their fun was taken from them for entirely in-character reasons
The guy you killed was some dude with the word 'Wizard' in his name. He had a reskinned coin that looked like a rune from runescape.

He ran around claiming he could summon demons or something. He couldn't.

This was an IC reason, though, as you had been ordered by the captain to kill wizards. That said, I didn't know this when I first poked my head in your DMs and asked you why you killed the guy.
they took it to OOC by trying to wield their moderator powers against the "offending" player
I don't even know what this means. I poked my head in your DMs to ask why you killed the guy - after you said you had been ordered to by captain, I left you alone. You were not punished or noted for this.
repeatedly used admin buttons to spawn in as random shit
No. Just- no. Not true. No idea where you picked that up. I actually ended up disconnecting after dealing with you.

The only point in time that I had ever been anything in the round was Windstryde of Zaros, of which all of my time was spent standing around in the guild lobby talking to people, before I teleported away. I don't see how that 'interfered with the round'.
Plasmatik

Post by Plasmatik »

The images above beg to differ, seeing as you spawned in as a BS tech and interfered enough that the captain complained about it. There were no other admins on. It could ONLY have been you.
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

Plasmatik wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am The images above beg to differ, seeing as you spawned in as a BS tech and interfered enough that the captain complained about it. There were no other admins on. It could ONLY have been you.
If this is true, could you provide any evidence or witnesses to this? As well as explain how he interfered with the round after his death?
Plasmatik

Post by Plasmatik »

Do the specifics even really matter, dude? First of all, you can see from the screenshot I posted that SOMEONE spawned as a BS Tech, and no other admin was online. If they weren't interfering, the captain wouldn't have complained about the BS tech being there.

Secondly, this is supposed to be an immersive grimdark spacepunk server and they're running around spawning themselves as a space wizard and making dumb meme announcements. It isn't harmless fun, it's ruining everyone else's good time by destroying their immersion in the game and story.

You can't seriously expect players to give any effort roleplaying when the ADMINS are pulling the kind of nrp shit you'd see being run as "events" on beestation. It's setting a HORRIBLE example for the playerbase.
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

Thank you your feedback. We've dealt with this situation, I talked to gen and I am sure this should not happen again. As you probably know, Administration Rule 3 does not allow events to be hosted without permission from heads of the servers, so if you see anything like that happening just let us know.
Gagekifer

Post by Gagekifer »

I would have to agree that genesee is very cringe