The first round of this test.

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

JohnPeppercorn

The first round of this test.

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

Was an absolute fucking shitshow.

I got noted for throwing a butchers cleaver near someone (which is apparently deadly force now out of nowherere) after having several altercations with them earlier in the round.

First the dumbass doctor who will heretofore be referred to as "DD" came into the chem lab without saying anything while I was using both chem dispensers to fill the MBO's orders, and wasted all of my energy on making space cleaner to clean the lobby (when they can easily walk into RND and make cleanbots instead, so that I can do my job properly). I ICly rebuked them for it, telling them to make cleanbots instead and calling them an idiot. Several minutes later, DD comes back and starts using my chems again IN FULL VIEW OF THE MBO WHO TELLS THEM TO stop with me, and they don't. So I punch them one time, knocking over all my tables, and throw them to the door.

Enter the situation I was noted for: After fighting tech hive, and crawling to medbay in crit, DD Rips me out of Johan Scherer's hands and throws me in the body scanner after i asked him to health scan me because he wanted to know my blood type. MBO (Scherer) and I were both telling him to stop, and that I needed blood, and He ignored us and put me in the body scanner anyways.

I called him a fucking moron, and punched him again when I got out of the scanner, and threw a cleaver at him, (mind you I am still extremely injured) which missed as it always does when doctors or chemists spawn without vigilance or toughness buffs. He comes back while MBO is dragging me to surgery to get blood, and starts whacking me in the head with a cleaver. I disarm him, and he keeps hitting me, So I pick up the cleaver and attack him until his head comes off.

Enter Glitterguts: After gathering what I can only assume is minimal information from one party they began asking me weighted questions about why I would attack somoene with deadly force when it's not warranted and so on and so forth. I gave them my side of the story about that specific situation, and they Noted me for Improper Escalation, which led to me and MBO talking about it in LOOC, which led to LOOC getting muted, along with eventually OOC when someone else wouldn't stop talking about it in OOC.

Anyone got any opinions here?
Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: The first round of this test.

Post by Gray »

Here are the logs.
JohnPeppercorn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:10 pm First the dumbass doctor who will heretofore be referred to as "DD" came into the chem lab without saying anything while I was using both chem dispensers to fill the MBO's orders, and wasted all of my energy on making space cleaner to clean the lobby (when they can easily walk into RND and make cleanbots instead, so that I can do my job properly). I ICly rebuked them for it, telling them to make cleanbots instead and calling them an idiot. Several minutes later, DD comes back and starts using my chems again IN FULL VIEW OF THE MBO WHO TELLS THEM TO stop with me, and they don't. So I punch them one time, knocking over all my tables, and throw them to the door.

Code: Select all

[20:06:00] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) has kicked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts)
[20:06:04] b4f-c69t ATTACK: John Peppercorn (fourty2) has thrown Aubrey Roberts (phosophy) from <font color='#6b5d00'>tile at 94, 108, 4 in area the Chemistry</font> with the target <font color='#6b4400'>tile at 99, 108, 4 in area Second Section Hallway</font> (<A HREF='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=94;Y=108;Z=4'>JMP</a>)
[20:06:06] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) has kicked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts)
JohnPeppercorn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:10 pm Enter the situation I was noted for: After fighting tech hive, and crawling to medbay in crit, DD Rips me out of Johan Scherer's hands and throws me in the body scanner after i asked him to health scan me because he wanted to know my blood type. MBO (Scherer) and I were both telling him to stop, and that I needed blood, and He ignored us and put me in the body scanner anyways.

I called him a fucking moron, and punched him again when I got out of the scanner, and threw a cleaver at him, (mind you I am still extremely injured) which missed as it always does when doctors or chemists spawn without vigilance or toughness buffs. He comes back while MBO is dragging me to surgery to get blood, and starts whacking me in the head with a cleaver. I disarm him, and he keeps hitting me, So I pick up the cleaver and attack him until his head comes off.

Code: Select all

[20:16:59] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) has  Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts)
[20:17:12] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) disarmed Aubrey Roberts (phosophy)
[20:17:13] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) has missed Fourty2/(John Peppercorn)
[20:17:14] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) has kicked Fourty2/(John Peppercorn)
[20:17:15] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) has  Fourty2/(John Peppercorn)
[20:17:16] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[20:17:17] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[20:17:18] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[20:17:19] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[20:17:20] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[20:17:21] b4f-c69t ATTACK: Fourty2/(John Peppercorn) attacked Phosophy/(Aubrey Roberts) with steel butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
As shown in the logs, Aubrey does not attack you with a cleaver and only kicks you once, the other missing. As per our rules on murder/griefing (which you can read more in detail about here.)I think you were noted appropriately. My opinion is up for change, but you'll have to convince me.
JohnPeppercorn

Post by JohnPeppercorn »

If they didn't hit me with the cleaver, it was because I disarmed them. When they started hitting me while I was being dragged to surgery that's pretty much an attempt on my life If I've already informed them numerous times that I am low on blood etc.

Blaze can confirm that they were trying to hit me with the cleaver.
GlitterGuts

Post by GlitterGuts »

You still don't assault people for something so minor, then later, attack them with a lethal weapon. Even if they're bad at their job or just plain dumb, its no reason to start punching, throwing, or attacking them with knives unless they are getting physically aggressive with you first. Im sure if he had thrown a cleaver at you, you would have claimed him as valid and tried to take him down too. I'm not saying that he should have attacked you either, but given your history of being valid-hunty, it doesn't surprise me that you went as far as to decapitate him completely. Even if they weren't doing a very good job at helping you out, they were still trying. Apparently they've had problems with your character in the past with you killing them out of the blue or being very physically aggressive on a regular basis.

Aside from what you did IC, you've also been very disrespectful to staff and dragging the issue into OCC, causing a global mute from other staff. You're not being a very good sport IC or OCC.

"You can rebel against your superior or faction only if you have good reasons to do so. Said reason can be prolonged conflict with your superior or unlawful/inhumane orders. It is better to ask an admin before rebelling."

"Discussing or mentioning of events of the current round in the OOC channel is punishable. This also applies to the Discord channel, forums and other ways of communicating."

"It’s just a game, and we are all here to have a good time. Long-term conflicts, toxic behavior and the publication of personal information without permission are not allowed. In short – don’t be a dick."
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

So you throw a punch, you throw a cleaver, but then they approach you with a cleaver which you disarm, and suddenly they're valid? I don't think that's how it works. You started the situation. Sure they were /stupid/ by your judgement but that doesn't give you an excuse to start a conflict and immediately jump to the de-capping procedure just because they fought back.

Violation will always be considered in the context of events that were before it. Usually, the one who created this situation is the one who will take responsibility.
MacBlaze

Post by MacBlaze »

The medical doctor did infact try to attack John with a cleaver, and I believe I saw contact, I told them both to stop. I was the MBO.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

MacBlaze wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 pm The medical doctor did infact try to attack John with a cleaver, and I believe I saw contact, I told them both to stop. I was the MBO.
The logs do not show Aubrey attacking John with a cleaver though, and even if they did, the situation didn't need to be pushed all the way to de-capping.
MacBlaze

Post by MacBlaze »

gray wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:46 pm
MacBlaze wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:43 pm The medical doctor did infact try to attack John with a cleaver, and I believe I saw contact, I told them both to stop. I was the MBO.
The logs do not show Aubrey attacking John with a cleaver though, and even if they did, the situation didn't need to be pushed all the way to de-capping.

John didnt just decap him without prior conflict, the man was being an annoying shithead in chemistry and I asked him to stop harassing John and being in chemistry many times. I will admit it was a bit far to decap. I did not give a shit however that he WAS decapped. I can confirm the parts about the cleanbot/space cleaner shit, the part where I told him to stop being a shithead, how I was taking John to surgery and trying to heal him. This doctor was going to end up killing John. I didnt want him dead of course. I didnt give a shit if someone killed him. i will admit that decaping is iffy. John was in crit, and was heavily bleeding with lots of damage. He acted in a survival instinct, and killed the man.
GlitterGuts

Post by GlitterGuts »

Being annoying shouldnt be a death warrant.
MacBlaze

Post by MacBlaze »

GlitterGuts wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:56 pm Being annoying shouldnt be a death warrant.
John was scared for his life, as he was hurt badly and needed surgery. He did overreact. Could we make this a warning instead of a note for improper escalation?