ChaoteCoyote#3135

Banning admin:

Reere

Where were you banned:

Discord

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

Arguing with Reere about various stuff, particularly hidden lore but also some stuff to do with core mechanics like perks and such.

Submitting "snowflakey" PRs and discussing ideas like making perks operate a little better, adding more depth to sanity/insight, QoL fixes to NT that prevented whisper spam and more, expanding on the stat system, head of staff titles etc.

Your version of events:

I can understand that criticism of a project you are deeply invested in can feel personal but I genuinely want to see Eris improve and I don't intend to insult anyone by pointing out what I see as flaws.

Maybe I have a slightly different vision to others but generally the only feedback I got for anything at all was troll responses or unrelated.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I really do want to improve Eris, it's harder to do that from the outside.

Extra notes:

I don't really know why me and Grey can't have a normal conversation without tension, I remember when I wanted to fix up the wiki a while back and we had some good conversations. I wrote the Inquisitor guide to try and stop people from just murderboning randomly and probably and hope I had an impact on that front.

Thank you for reading.

INFRAREDBARON

Re: ChaoteCoyote - Reere

Post by INFRAREDBARON »

I still remember that you had some other accounts. Why you're trying to unban his alt?
Chaoyote

Post by Chaoyote »

Afaiw you can't change names on Byond or Github. I'm using this account because it's what my friends know me as.

I don't really see this as an alt because I don't use my "main"/old account.

If you're thinking that it's some kind of ban evasion, there's no element of that here.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

1) The first time you were banned, you were not banned for arguing with Reere, I don't know where you got that from.
2) The original ban reason from your original account is for stirring shit in discord after a spriter closed his own PR in regards to re-spriting the argolyte armor.
3) You made a new discord account and ban-evaded, making this a bigger issue than previous as we do not take ban-evasions lightly.

Also. Per our rules, you are required to contact admins when you connect to the game server with a new/different account and clarify which one is your main from now on(which you didn't do).

I'm denying this ban appeal on the grounds that the ban reason is fabricated and you have no ground to stand on as it is. Feel free to make a new ban appeal once you jog your memory.