FortuneMaster#5544

Which characters do you play as, if any:

Liam

What is your timezone?:

GMT+3

What times are you active?:

Time when I'm active can vary a lot

How long have you played SS13?:

Been around since 2018. Played on paradise, some CM and TGMC, tiny bit of TG.

How long have you played on Eris?:

Oldest discord message is 2 years old

Previous SS13 Admin Experience, if any:

None

Previous Admin experience, if any:

None again

Why do you want to be an admin?:

Admin and dev branches are separated a bit too much. I have benblu in samodev because I know admins can provide some valuable feedback.
Moving onto more recent and important matter.
Firstly, I was aware of server lacking admins, I brought the issue up to the dokter and later repeatedly reminded him about fulfilling his promise to do an announcement, which he later did and we received a bit wave of new admins.
Secondly, we suffered from a crippling issue of the lack of lore, so to address the issue I came with a discussion not to dev channel, but to the one that both parties share, since I knew that if anyone was able to do the job of writing the lore, it'd be admins, since creating interesting stories is a big part of their work.
I beleive having broader picture of the server would be beneficial for overall development of the server, as there is a chance that some admin issues can be adressed

Extra notes:

I'm ready to fulfill admin obligations by moderating the game for the people who are breaking the atmosphere or abusing bugs or going murderbone

KIROV

Re: Fortune en admin application

Post by KIROV »

Lmao

Rosalimo
EN Game Admin

Post by Rosalimo »

Valo

Post by Valo »

From my experience with fortune he lacks the game experience, knowledge and people skills to properly moderate.
as well as the reason of "Admin and dev branches are separated a bit too much" does not sit well with me whatsoever. and seems only like it will cause problems with the NAP and Contribution guidelines with power abuse and drama.
I don't think in my two years of Eris I have ever once seen fortune in game.
and with the recent influx of new mods such as my self its not like we are lacking coverage
FortuneMaster

Post by FortuneMaster »

''seems only like it will cause problems with the NAP and Contribution guidelines with power abuse and drama''
I was told by several people that it's perfectly find by the NAP and to be honest I report myself more than anyone reports me. By the way, to my knowledge I don't have history of power abuse.
KIROV

Post by KIROV »

Threatening other staff members with role removal surely is not abuse of power.
Actually blocking staff from dev channels for disagreeing with you is peak "I don't have history of power abuse". 100% drama free.
Trying to get power to deny PRs, which NAP specifically mentions you never should have, just no comments.
Give this man admin buttons, what could go wrong?
FortuneMaster

Post by FortuneMaster »

Firstly, you're taking words out of context(for the second time mind you), being part of the shitty pasta I made about delegates just having access to that. Believe me, if I really wanted to strip you of your access, I would have either done it already or gave you direct threats with conditions of me not pressing the xStaff developer(funnily enough I wasn't the one to start abusing buttons and to start kicking devs from channels)
Secondly, samodev is my channel and is usually used by me. If person blocks me, what's the point of him being in my channel. Also yeah, so far everyone who was kicked from samodev was either dead or valo and MAO disagree with me quite often, but somehow still manage to retain their position, somehow. Beside that, in past, when our last conversation ended with both sides telling each other to go F themselves, the moment I heard about him planning to start working on OS backsites I helped him setting up the channel in the cabal and also added people that he asked me to add. I don't care if I have a personal conflict with someone, because if they are willing to contribute to the server, I'm more than happy to help them with that.(Again, I added valo, to basically my personal channel, when someone requested it, while our attitude towards each other couldn't be described as friendly)
Thirdly, that's again taken out of context, which is being jokes about SPCR PRs(I didn't even come up with it).
Last edited by FortuneMaster on Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valo

Post by Valo »

Firstly there is absolutely no reason for him to be staff, secondly he will screw up everything and make Eris shittier codebase, thirdly, one and possibly more of his docs are direct violation to contributing guidelines, he should try reading them.
https://wiki.cev-eris.com/Content_GuidelinesEn
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

We're not accepting new moderators at this time. I will not be giving this application a serious look on that account.