Valothebrute

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

ran around murderboning as contractor. while on probation. permabanned

Your version of events:

I talked to Valo and figured out that I should explain the kills that looked like outright murder instead of contract-hunting. I'm gonna preface this by saying that the only thing motivating my actions that shift were to nab contracts and that I wasn't aiming to kill anyone who wasn't directly related to a kill contract. For context, I rolled both contractor and Marshall and I was playing a sort of "corporate hitman" deal cause I had the jurisdiction of both antags.

First off was some random vagabond in maints that was directly a kill contract. They were Maria something and I iced them cause I wanted their head. I tried cutting it off with a shard and it popped their head instead of severing it so I fucked that one up.

Another attempt would be a seemingly random techno and IH in the lobby. At this point in the round I was hunting for a techno named Sparks to implant and I was already hostile with technos because I had a shootout with Izami Han in techno lobby. Sparks knew this and said over radio "I've got an IH and a guild with me" so I knew that was the composition of people I was looking for. I made my way to IH lobby and I saw 1) a techno and 2) an IH. The guildie at that point was missing and I thought it was fine because I presumed that to be Alban Winter who I implanted earlier, and who spoke over guild radio that he returned to work. I opened fire on them because I knew IH were hostile and that Sparks would definitely be hostile. The IH went down and I didn't execute him cause I didn't need to. I paincritted the techno with a stun baton and it turned out they were the wrong person so (without killing them) I took them into maints and copied their access with an agent card.

Third and last one would be Izami Han. I mentioned that I already had a shootout with them in techno lobby earlier. I showed up at techno lobby hacking a door when they walked up the stairs. We had a standoff (no guns drawn) where I demanded to see Sparks and they fluoride-stared at me and repeated "What are you doing here?" They drew their gun first at me and I responded by whipping out my repeater and popping a few off. I'm not even sure I hit Izami this first time. Like 30 minutes later I'm creeping around in techno maint trying to secure Sparks (this is after I shot those people in IH lobby). I heard people in techno dorms and bust in with my techno agent card. I'm pretty sure Sparks wasn't in there but a new, different techno kill contract was in the room. I pop off a few shots at them while getting peppered by Izami and this other guy. I bamboozle Izami with a welding tank explosion and fill their head with a bunch of bolts out of their crossbow RCD because we're to the point of using lethals now. Izami passes out rather than dying so I kidnap them into techno maints and disappear into the asscrack of the ship. They wake up a few times and the ONLY thing that they do is try to retaliate. I tell them several times that retaliation will get them killed cause I've got jack shit in the way of restraints. They pass out nonlethally a few times I think. We get down to Deck 2 where I decide to try and interrogate them for Sparks' location. They wake up and, like clockwork, attempt to put me in a grab to, what I assume, is kill me. I break free and they start walking around at which point all the crossbow bolts in their head pop their skull from the jostling damage. This one's literally all on Izami. They completely refused to cooperate and they're the entire reason that the jostling crossbow bolts popped their skull open.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I was rather explicitly not murderboning this shift. I knew about the murderboning rule and I deliberately only started shit with contract targets and only switched to gunfire after someone attacked me. Over comms I repeatedly say "Interfering with my investigation is grounds for retaliation" as in, if you try to fuck with me I'll fight back. I mean hell, I didn't even hurt Alban and he was one of my spy implant targets. I explicitly used a stun baton to nab him out of cargo when he walked down the stairs. I think it's pretty clear cut that I'm not just a "murder lole" contractor cause I could've ended each of my targets rather easily. I only iced people who I needed for kill contracts.

ASSORTEDBEADS

Re: Soyoboyo - Valothebrute Shrimply not murderboning

Post by ASSORTEDBEADS »

I play Izami so I'll be replying regarding that.

First Contact
As you said we had an interaction in the techno lobby. You were mid hack when I found you.
At this point it was already public knowledge that you were a rogue marshall. IH had said you were not working with them, and you were clearly breaking into a department. This already was ground for you to be shot on sight.
However, I asked what you wanted and you said something like "where is Sparks." I believe I replyed saying that's not an answer and asked again what you wanted, to which you just said sparks.
At this point we'll need to have logs confirm if I drew on you or not, I dont believe I did because the weapon doesnt have a safety and I prefer not to have misfires near fuel tanks.
Let's assume I drew on you. I remember radioing IH to come collect you -at this point you were still unharmed- and getting immediately fired on by you after doing so.
I was hit and fired back, you ran away, I retreated to heal.

Second Contact
I was mid conversation with Sparks when you opened the doors to the techno doors and started shooting, blowing up a fuel tank then dumping about 6 bolts into my head.
The second techno in the room was Sparks. I was stunned and you had access yet made no move to get them, instead kidnapping me in an attempt to "lure them out."
You claim you had no way to tie me up, and I could believe that if we were anywhere else. I was in a rig and cuffs wouldn't have worked. However, the techno dorms explicitly has a machine that dispenses cable coils, you can make zip ties out of cable coils to tie up people in rigs, this is common knowledge.
Assuming you didn't know about that, techno maint is full of machines which can be deconned for cable, I myself had cable in my toolbelt as every techno does. You made no attempt to get either.

Your argument is that my death is on me for not complying and instead fighting back.
Why reason would I have to comply with someone who
1.) Opened fire on me the moment I didn't immediately give up my clan member to a random hacker, after refusing to explain why they were hacking into my home
2.) Opened fire on me and said clan member, damaging the ship and severly wounding wounding me by shooting me in the head 6 times, when you had the freedom to aim anywhere else. I very well could have died in the dorm from that encounter if I wasnt fully healed.
3.) Ignored your primary target to kidnap someone already critically injured when you had access to said targets hiding spot
4.) You did all this for an implant contract. Did it never occur to you to offer Sparks payment to be implanted?
It's a spying implant, it's non-lethal and Sparks was to my knowledge an FBP. They had nothing to lose if you spent some tc to order cash and pay them for the trouble.

It's baffling to me that you chose a very narrow way to achieve your objectives but somehow find yourself blameless for doing so.
camper80

Post by camper80 »

I was around that game and you miss to put in your full report that you try to trap and kill the mobeius medical officer with a welding tank trap in the morgue, there was no previous interaction wth the MBO or warning against her you just try to kill her, maybe there is a reason for doing it, AKA some objective to steal but you didnt specificate in your unban report.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I am not lifting this ban at this time. Feel free to appeal after you have spent some time playing on other ss13 servers.