Gray - Discord

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

Notaspider

Re: Gray - Discord

Post by Notaspider »

Whatever, Grey. This is shitty behavior that I genuinely didn't expect to be defended. Let alone crusaded for in an appeal. But thank you for letting me know you aimed to be a cunt from the start.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

>Sees warning
>ignores it
>gets punished for it
>:surprisepikachu:
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

And thanks for letting me know that you haven't heard a word I've written. Maybe take a break.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

You're the one who started off the appeal by attacking me. I'm not sure why you're surprised I'm returning it.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

I didn't *attack* you. I said I was disappointed in this behavior from someone I expected to be an adult. I spent the last half of the appeal surprised that someone I held in such a regard would do something. Short of getting on my knees and blowing you, what did you expect in terms of warmth?
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I expected you to own up to it like you did a few posts ago saying;

"Yeah I saw the warning and took my chances. I just didn't realize the mute would be so long."

If you had said that in the opening of the appeal instead of calling me a "Disappointment" that "won't take the L and admit he acted rashly" when this is the first time we're even talking about it.

If you approached me calmly in discord and explained yourself.

If you made this appeal explaining that you took your chances and didn't realize it'd be 2 weeks.

I would've been on your side and lifted this.

No, instead I'm committing "disappointing behavior from someone that I've known to be a mature community admin." Well gee. I really like your compliments so rather than deal with this myself I'm passing it on to Ilya/Techlock.

If you wanted me to deal with this, you shouldn't have opened your ban appeal by attacking me. And yes, that's an attack. It proves that you think I'm biased towards you. I'm not biased towards you, I simply took my words literally. I would've been more than happy to lift it or to reduce it had you approached this calmly.

But nah. I'm the one acting rashly here.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

I didn't *Think* you were biased. I just felt like it was out of character, and I made it known. I was questioning why you were doing something that seemed irrational and out-of-character for someone who seemed like a solid community admin. It was a question that I expected to be answered.

Asking a question on someone's intent isn't an attack, Grey. I can feel disappointed because I expected something different, and then I can request an explanation as to why. The fact that I had to *Make a forum account, make this appeal, and spend two hours of my life here* only reflects further on my confusion

At the end of the day. This is, again, over a Gif of some black dude. It is not worth two weeks. It's barely even worth three days. I'm allowed to be annoyed when someone seems to want to waste my time.
I asked another Admin if I could be unmuted, and they replied with "Grey said you can appeal it" instead of "Grey said to talk to him in his DMs"

You directed me here. And asked for this appeal.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

You knew it was me who muted you and then you went to another admin and asked them instead of asking me. I always tell my admins to tell players that they have to appeal it because nobody should be getting bothered in DMs about stuff like this.

We have an official place for it so that my admins can separate their Discord from dealing with people 24/7. Plus, you asked a Game Moderator and not a Discord Moderator, so they didn't have the ability anyways.

And as I tried to say in my literal first post of this thread. I left this for Ilya/Techlock to handle because no matter what I say you seem to have a personal issue with me. It's two weeks because I took my words literally. It's not lifted now because you decided to insult me in your opening post and I'm not dealing with it.

Do you want me to keep replying and repeating myself?
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

Disappointment isn't an insult. I didn't call you anything. I said I was confused, and had a preconceived notion. I was stating my feelings. I *felt* disappointed. That's not a fucking insult.
I don't have anything against you, before this, I stated I had pretty okay views. I asked someone for the reason because Dyno didn't send me the messages. I didn't know it was you, I just *thought* it was. In order to be correct, I had to *confirm it*

That's why I asked 'who did it', Grey. If you can't tolerate someone's own feelings being expressed, that's also your own personal issue. It's not about you, it's not an attack on you. It was *me* talking about *My own thoughts*

The fact that I have to explain this, and the fact that you keep falling back on being literal doesn't speak well for someone who has to be upfront with a community.
Techlock
Community Admin

Post by Techlock »

So, I've discussed the situation with our glorious leader, and the situation was decided thusly: Gray has overreacted and 2 weeks is way too much for the offense. Thus, the mute time will be reduced to three days total. The decision is final. Carry on.