Discord

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

2 Weeks

Reason for ban:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png

Your version of events:

I posted a 1984 gif in reply to someone being muted and got muted for two fucking weeks.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

Because this is poor escalation. Previous mutes were an hour or two. And then you bump it to two weeks.

Extra notes:

The fact that I had to make this appeal at all is the most annoying shit imaginable. The fact that Grey won't just take the L, admit he acted a tad rashly, and lower it down to a day or two is even worse. This is disappointing behavior from someone that I've known to be a mature community admin.

Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: Gray - Discord

Post by Gray »

You see someone get muted for posting off-topic media.

Here are your options:
A) Do nothing and just use the channel as its intended
B) Laugh about it in text
C) Post off-topic media shitting on admins trying to keep a channel on-topic

Guess which you chose?

Regardless, this is up for Techlock/Ilya to lift.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

It's a gif with 3 frames.
Point to where in the rules it says I'm not allowed to post a gif, it was on topic to what happened, and it was a singular post. I didn't prolong a discussion, I made a joke.

This is a stupid fucking discussion, and you're pawning off responsibility for your own rash behavior.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I'm not pawning off responsibility. I'm giving this up for someone else to resolve because you clearly have an issue with me and won't like my answer unless it's me lifting your ban. Clearly, I am not up to lift your mute at this time.

Arcade is for video games, not for George Orwell 1984 posting. That belongs in Sin-bin and Docks. Especially not directly after I warned someone for off-topic posting.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

I don't have a problem with eating a mute, Gray. My problem was in the poor escalation of your actions. If you read the first post, you'd see I even suggested lowering the timer, instead of just lifting it.

I don't *care* that I was muted.

I care that the head of the EN sector decided to be petty and slap a 2 week mute on someone because 1984posting made him shit his briches. I recognize that you're under pressure, but this is about a gif with less than 20 frames.
Last edited by Notaspider on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Additionally, I'm fully against lifting your mute considering you somehow managed to get a leaked picture of admin chat. That, IMO, is a bigger issue than your petty misdemeanor and mute.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

I asked someone for my mute reason, and who did it so that I could correctly fill out an appeal. Grey. That was their reply, please don't change the subject.
The picture was provided in good faith so that I could make this thread and talk to you.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I'd like to know who it is because you should already have received your mute reason in DMs from Dyno.

Regardless. I've made my case. Maik was muted for 2 weeks, you got the same treatment for following in his footsteps. That's only fair.

If you really want /me/ to handle it, I'll deny it now and save you the hassle of waiting for Ilya/Techlock to look at it.

Edit: And if you reply that you blocked Dyno then that's more reason for me to be against lifting it since that proves you don't really care about our rules.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

>Please rat out an admin who acted in good faith
No. I won't. That contained no information that was confidential, and it was information that I needed to fill out my appeal. I didn't get the message from Dyno, which is why I asked.

Additionally, Maik has a record. I do not. One hour, Two hours, Two weeks. Is not a good pattern to have. The fact that you are, again, ignoring me pointing out how absolutely petty this is concerns me deeply.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I'll repeat myself.

Maik got two weeks, you got the same for copying him. Record or not.