Ranbee / alt4s#8877

Banning admin:

daget24

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

Spawned as "Anti-ballistic Missile Seventy-seven", continued to argue for using that name instead of being a normal human being when questioned by admin. We really don't need people like this on the server. Appeal on the forums for the ban removal i guess.

Your version of events:

So what with people being named things like "Sector Five" running around I thought it would be a cool idea to change my name from "Nathan Wright" to "Anti-ballistic Missile Seventy-seven" to fit my desire to be a IH operative. I thought this would be fine by the standards of the server but about 5 minutes later I got downed and pounded by the admin about things like "We don't need people like you on this server" among other things. If there's any way to look at the admin logs please do. Anyways I tried to explain my reasoning but all the admin did was reply that I was somehow a headache even though I did nothing but say "HELLO" and "I LOVE IRONHAMMER" over comms. Apparently that's grounds for a permanent ban. I was also told I should have apparently said sorry too, for having a name. I've played on this server a long time and I'm surprised this happened.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I think the name was fine, and considering I didn't even do anything I think I don't deserve a permanent ban for a simple name. Even if the name was somehow over the line I don't take this as a justified punishment.

Extra notes:

Anti-ballistic Missile Seventy-Seven is a dope name for an IH operative.

daget24
EN Game Moderator

Re: Ranbee - daget24

Post by daget24 »

I don't care for your protests. You have not ahelped about it once and most likely have not asked about it in OOC either else you'd be told that there's such trait as Lowborn that lets you have nicknames. And even with such trait this name is way over the line. You went in with that name as IH operative knowing you were breaking the rules. You yelled dumb text over the radio to get noticed, and when I confronted you about it, you stood by your decision to keep the name trying to find some logic loophole to latch on. It's not cool, it's not funny, it's immersion-breaking, and the whole ship was rushing to lynch you over it. You still think you are righteous on this one, and its completely unjustified, and it's why I'm upholding my decision.
alt4s

Post by alt4s »

I don't exactly understand why you just assume that I was "knowingly breaking rules". I just thought it was a cool name to use as an operative. And I don't see how it's so "immersion-breaking" to the point that it deserves a permaban. I think with about 10 minutes of the crew getting to know me they would be fine with it. They only went to lynch me because some retard kept making alt accounts and joining as "Thomas The Tank Engine" and they thought it was me. And I wasn't trying to "find a loophole to latch on" I was telling you what I thought. You didn't even try to give a proper reason as to why it was so horrifyingly awful, you just called me a headache. I believe the only person making this situation a headache is you, I just want to play the game.
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

You see, according to our rules only people with "lowborn" trait are allowed to have such names. These are usually vagabonds. Ironhammer operatives are not allowed to have the "lowborn" trait and therefore can't possess such names.These names still must be within limits of common sense. It wouldn't make sense for someone to be named "Apache AH-64 Helicopter" or something.

I personally believe a permaban was excessive, but if you understand your mistake (which I believe is sincere, it doesn't look like you just wanted to break the rules on purpose) I have zero issues unbanning you.

And by the way, keep in mind that it's always a great idea to ahelp before trying some kind of gimmick that you may feel unsure about. Alleviates all possible bans for it.
alt4s

Post by alt4s »

Doktor710 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:23 pm You see, according to our rules only people with "lowborn" trait are allowed to have such names. These are usually vagabonds. Ironhammer operatives are not allowed to have the "lowborn" trait and therefore can't possess such names.

I personally believe a permaban was excessive, but if you understand your mistake (which I believe is sincere, it doesn't look like you just wanted to break the rules on purpose) I have zero issues unbanning you.

And by the way, keep in mind that it's always a great idea to ahelp before trying some kind of gimmick that you may feel unsure about. Alleviates all possible bans for it.
This is the reply that I expected from the start. I didn't even know there was a lowborn trait, but that's my mistake. I will definitely make sure to ahelp these things in the future, I just got a bit confused with how the naming actually worked. Thank you for clearing it up for me.
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

Unbanned.
KIROV

Post by KIROV »

>Spawned as "Anti-ballistic Missile Seventy-seven"
>I think the name was fine
>I did nothing but say "HELLO" and "I LOVE IRONHAMMER" over comms

IH operative material.