@Fac

Banning admin:

Daget, pretty sure at least

Where were you banned:

Discord

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

"You were banned from CEV Eris | Warned multiple times, muted multiple times, got told multiple times about change of behavior. Too cool to do anything about that. Being abrassive does not make you cool, you are not fun to argue with, and you are definetly not based enough for us to ignore rule breaking. Patience had run out. Please dont try to come back."

Your version of events:

Alright. To make a short story shorter. I posted a screencap of some Russian dude justifying gay hazing in the military to other people on 4chan. It was talking about gay sex. It had nothing to do with the war, and no one was talking about it. We were talking about funny wieners going into butts.
And can't a man discuss anal sex without it being political? I say so.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

For one: Daget calling anyone abrasive is the pot calling the kettle black. I've seen him tell people to off themselves. I've seen him respond to design docs with the words "Nigger Faggot".

But that's an argument against his character, so I won't harp on it for longer than I have to. Since that invites being defensive, and I don't want that.
What I want to know, in no uncertain terms, is why Daget seems to have such a dislike for me. I don't hate the dude, I don't make fun of him constantly. (Not any more than anyone else) I just occasionally say the word 'bruh' at some shit he said.

Listen, for all the abasive talk I put up. I can safely say I'm pretty harmless in terms of discourse, and I do genuinely care about the game. Being in the discord helps me talk to devs about shit. I've helped Handy work out some design docs, I've helped with the Crossbow PR's inception.

I do genuinely care, despite being a chronic retard. And if Daget thinks I'm some turbo autist who does nothing but start fights, I'd like someone else to take a peek at my appeal.

Extra notes:

If Daget really wants, I can just not interact with him anymore. Since I seem to piss him off royally

alt4s

Re: Daget - Discord

Post by alt4s »

dude seems to be pissed off by everyone
daget24
EN Game Moderator

Post by daget24 »

Let me straighten out full context of you receiving a permanent ban.
You got 3 warns in rapid succession, technically 4 if you consider bot note in the sin bin after Gray had to freeze it, and 5 if you include warning that came with the ban. You were muted 2 times for 2 days. All in a very short period of 2 months. The context of your Twitter post was written in the tweet itself, we had been slamming people for this for 8 months, we had techlock specifically pin a comment about it.

That in itself warrants a direct ban from the discord with no questions asked. You got the permanent status via being acidic toxic waste of a person. Because before that even techlock directly confronted you about /pol/ shit in the last attempt of trying to pol post about the war in ukraine. you instead thought you were in the right and tried to argue him about it (by the way he's ukrainian) and carried on with essentially"cope and seethe jannie". Firefox tries to explain to you that he doesn't want something in the game. You start insulting him, and cope and seething him.
Gray gets annoyed that someone posts in wrong channel and you feel the need for rude reaction. I tell you to switch channels you react with nerd emoji or a broom. Every single discord moderation action or staff response requires your direct fuck jannies/staff reaction.

If that's not enough then quite honestly you are just not a pleasant person at all to have on the discord. You insult people, capslock and strawman at random people that have some ass-burning opinion for you, having no presence in discussion beforehand, or eventually do that to that in any discussion that drags for more than 6-10 minutes against the opposing point of view. You mock coders, delegates, admins in random unprovoked conversations, you mock servers that are cordial to us in an open first-to-see channel about rounds and general eris, not even having the courtesy to move it to shitpost.

I have no idea about other moderators but I pointed out your rotten personality numerous times. You had all the warning and mutes to take a hint. We permabanned people who actually contributed a lot to the server for the same if not for less.

Also P.S next time you'll want to say Nigger in-game OOC chat please consider that we are allowed to transfer bans.
Attachments
obraz_2022-10-31_221717196.png
obraz_2022-10-31_221717196.png (567.4 KiB) Viewed 2095 times
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

daget24 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:50 pm Snip
Right. Take a breath.
There's a valid reason why I talk like a chronic retard in the discord channels for what's an autism fueled spaceman simulator. That's because the internet isn't serious business. It's my social time. I play the game for a hobby, and I take it about as seriously as a hobby.

I genuinely, 100%, did not mean anything sneaky by posting that tweet. I thought it was funny cope for gay sex. Which isn't very political. In fact, I'm pretty sure most of my warnings were from *you* in the first place, which again brings bias into the question.

I don't have anything against Grey. Techlock. Firefox. Or even you. I make jannie memes because I find them funny, and I'm assuming everyone else isn't taking the internet as seriously as a heart attack. And yes, sometimes, there's a misstep.
But, dude, Daget, My guy. This is vitriol that you give 10-year long ban evaders. Not someone who says "Clean it up Jannie" or puts a soyjak speechbubble under your posts.

So, really, If I am A toxic waste of personality, I'd like some other testimonials from other admins. Because I've only ever gotten 'slight annoyance' at points and 'yeah you're pretty cool' at others.
Hell, I do have it on a decent estimate that Again, most of my warnings are from you. How does this not contain bias?

If you dislike me that much, I can just leave you alone, man. If arguing like a retard gets you banned, then the discord should be shaved down to 10 people.
Also, JARVIS, pull up Daget's total Nword count across server logs, and cross reference that to the game.

You are the pot calling the kettle black. And I'd be fine if you just admitted this was because you didn't like me.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

I just unbanned someone who was banned for doing what you are doing. Being abrasive to people just for the sake of being abrasive to people is annoying.

It's "funny" once or twice. It's not "funny" if you mold your whole personality around it.

Besides, the main ban reason is for breaking the sin-bin rule of not war//pol/ posting. Everything else daget brought up is additional evidence of you being an unpleasant person to interact with on discord.

We aren't paid to tolerate your "funny" attitude. Even if we were, I still wouldn't want to have you around.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

But I literally just clarified the intent wasn't to break the rules. I should've posted the screencap itself, yes. But I'm being honest when I say I just wanted to post a funny. Dude was justifying fucking people in the ass as something completely straight.
How is that not funny?

And my point isn't that you're supposed to tolerate it. My point is that I shouldn't have to behave like a job interview because an admin doesn't like a broom emoji.

But again, that's not the point. I didn't intend to Polpost. Nor break the rules. And I'm sorry for doing so. I should've cropped the tweet so only the screencap showed.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Just because you didn't intend to break the rules does not mean you did not break them.
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

Read the rest of my post. I'm conceding the point. I even suggested how I should change the post to better be in line with the rules.

I'd like to ask a question, as well. Would someone who's genuinely so beyond any sort of redemption offer solutions like this? Would someone who genuinely doesn't care about the server make an appeal like this?

For christsake, I'm being called a 'toxic waste of personality'. Do you have anyone else to back that up?
Hell, I invite any admin that has a problem with me to set it in here. Back Daget up. Because all I'm seeing is him, and Gray. Who's mostly upset that I was polposting.
Techlock
Community Admin

Post by Techlock »

Okay, if you are so insisting on the fact that you understand your mistakes, how about this then: I will give you one last chance. I will lift the ban, but the first warning-worthy thing will send you straight back with no appeal whatsoever. Do you agree?
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider »

Alright. I'm willing to do that. Does that parole period eventually end?