Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

Reason for ban:

https://prnt.sc/JX1gu_TLvGke

Your version of events:

this all started because the bio engineer threw a bottle of plasma in the disposal bin so i punched him for throwing it away then he procceeded to keep throwing a bottle at me while i was making something at the chemical dispencer (throwing stuff at people causes damage/pain btw) after i finished i punched him again after that he grabbed the meat cleaver next to the industrial grinder and as soon as i saw that i preemptively attacked him cause he grabbed a weapon killing him in the proccess

Why you think you should be unbanned:

this would not have started if the bio engineer did not grab a meat cleaver or used his gene powers to throw filled plasma bottles in the trash or at me (note i punched him a total of 2 times)

Extra notes:

the bio engineer was salty and he didint give the full story

Firefox13
Project Leader

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Firefox13 »

Hello.
I've joined the server after a hour passed and since you weren't available, I used server logs (which is much more reliable) and Carmine's version of events. Here's transcription of events from logs with sensitive details omitted:

Code: Select all

[15:05:23] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle grabbed passively a Carmine Roseglass.
[15:05:25] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle grabbed a Carmine Roseglass.
[15:05:26] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : Bitch
[15:05:27] SAY: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : What
[15:05:30] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) has headbutted Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass))
[15:05:30] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) disarmed Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:05:37] SAY: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : The fuck is wrong with you.
[15:05:42] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : W-Was-s-ste a b-b-bot-tt-tl-le of-f-f plas-sm-ma
[15:05:47] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : An-nd-d-d i w-will-l kic y-you
[15:05:49] SAY: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : No you mongoloid.
[15:05:59] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : Y-You t-th-hrew-w a b-bot-tt-tl-l-l-le of p-plas-sm-m-ma in the t-t-tr-r-ras-sh-h
[15:06:04] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : W-Wit-t-th you m-min-nd-d p-pow-wer-r-r-rs-s
[15:07:16] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:18] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:18] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:20] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:20] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:22] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:22] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:24] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned) 
[15:07:24] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:26] ATTACK: Seuche Roach () was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:27] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:30] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : Can you stop it
[15:07:30] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:32] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:33] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle (theshermanassaulttank) was hit by a Plasma bottle, thrown by Carmine Roseglass (zuperned)
[15:07:36] SAY: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : Pfft
[15:07:39] SAY: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : It does not even hurt
[15:07:41] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) has punched Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass))
[15:07:43] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : It does
[15:07:44] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : You fuck
[15:07:48] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) attacked Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass)) with fire axe (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:07:49] ATTACK: Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass)) attacked The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) with butcher's cleaver (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:07:49] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) attacked Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass)) with fire axe (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:07:51] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) attacked Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass)) with fire axe (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:07:53] ATTACK: The sherman assault tank/(/(Tye Riggle)) attacked Zuperned/(/(Carmine Roseglass)) with fire axe (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)
[15:07:53] EMOTE: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : screams!
[15:07:53] EMOTE: Carmine Roseglass/Zuperned : <B>Carmine Roseglass</B> screams!
[15:07:55] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : Fucker
[15:07:57] SAY: Doctor Riggle/The sherman assault tank : Eat my ass
[15:08:00] ATTACK: Doctor Riggle grabbed passively a Carmine Roseglass.
What I understood from log transcript: you headbutted Carmine because they threw a bottle of plasma away, in return they threw a bottle of plasma at you and (important) roach corpse nearby multiple times. They then grabbed a butcher knife (As I can understand, not to murder you but butcher said roach corpse) and you proceed to decapitate them insteaf of, like, cutting their pay, arresting or firing them.
DavidBlanc12

Re: the sherman assault tank - firefox13

Post by DavidBlanc12 »

there was a spider corpse 1 tile south of the industrial grinder however after the bio engineer grabbed the cleaver they moved south not interacting with the spider and considering they were only 1 tile away and they grabbed a weapon i attacked
https://prnt.sc/cypMTzwTjJHH
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Hello. After reviewing your appeal and the logs, I've come to the conclusion that you were the wrong here.

We don't allow murder of other players without a proper build up and you failed to satisfy that condition here. They only punched you once and threw bottles at you, which can be considered a minor conflict at best. There were many other things you could have done that did not necessitate murdering the bio engineer. The fact that you chose to murder without a case of self defence makes this a breach of our rules.

The 24 hour ban is extremely fair in that regard. The week job ban is something I can see considering we hold heads of staff to a higher standard.

Saying that his movement indicated that we has going to attack you is no proof enough, sadly. Without any attack on your person after they grabbed the cleaver, we cannot consider this a case of self defence.

Unless you can provide evidence that proves otherwise, I do not envision this appeal being accepted.
DavidBlanc12

Post by DavidBlanc12 »

currently i do not have any evidence to prove his intentions were that to attack me. i had enough reason to attack him because after punching the BE i moved away from him to the position of the printscreen link while he moved 1 tile south-west of the industrial grinder picked up the meat cleaver then moved 1 tile south
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

We cannot take your word above his and can only speak from the logs standpoint. You'll have to sit this one out.

In the future, try to de-escalate or wait for them to actually attack before retaliating.