theblackflag/The Assassin25#1924

Banning admin:

Valothebrute

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent job ban

Reason for ban:

beat someone to death with a baton for name calling him as IHC after arresting and releasing him over a minor crime his previous notes indicating similar behavior given an iron hammer job ban.

Your version of events:

After reports of Whiteaker energy netting the captain and me seeing it with my own eyes i arrest him and formally charge him with battery for getting into a scuffle with the Captain i release him and then he turns around and calls me Cumshoe it is at this point i deploy my baton and Beat him in front of a crowd. He later dies to his wounds which was inflicted upon him.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

There was no intention of killing Whittaker just wanted to hurt him for saying "Cumshoe" ive seen people beat over less and have it catrogrized as acceptable i feel like the permeant ban or any ban at all is unnecessary .

Extra notes:

The second most recent note about forcing someone to partake in Russian roullete against their will is a mistake on grays
the note shouldn't exist.

daget24
EN Game Moderator

Re: the Banning of Gunshoe

Post by daget24 »

While I personally think it's based, killing someone over a petty reason such as insut is still a rule break and warrants a jobban especially if past notes from high ranking staff suggest so.

Hovewer I'm of an opinion that punishment is way too harsh for infraction, and i dont think theres even any precedent for it. Job permabans are usually foreshadowed by temporary bans, and not notes, especially if notes coud come purely from admins observation, and could concern something which all parties consented to. This is not someone abusing authority to start major faction war, or ruining the round for everyone in some other way. This is just someone abusing authority to beat someone to death who thought it would be funny to throw an insult. Even if theres grounds to make an argument about long time behavior which you had shown, the rulebreak itself barely warrants bringing it up as a reason towards job permaban.

As such i suggest removal of permament jobban, and turning it into an ordinary 2 week to 1 month job ban
Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: the Banning of Gunshoe

Post by Gray »

The previous note which encouraged a jobban was from myself and it was something I should have edited at the time. To clarify, the vagabond from that note had done a little more to antagonize IH which lead to his death.

Moving past that, beating someone to near-death over an insult and leaving them to die.. Is against our rules. Especially from a head of staff. That much, I agree on.

Since my previous note's severity is not as high as it appeared to be, I will be lowering this ban from permanent to.. A month jobban from IHC and IH Sergeant.

I think during that time you can spend a little more playing as a grunt and separating your leader behavior from your grunt behavior. The actions you pulled is something a grunt would do, and not a faction lead.