Daget24

Where were you banned:

EN Server

Type of Ban:

Temporary

Duration of ban(if temp):

7 Days

Reason for ban:

Unjustified escalation (Killing and bombing guildies)

Your version of events:

A guild miner and a vagabond try to break into lower club for a stash , i shoot the miner unconscious and i beat up the vagabond ,vagabond frees himself and i take the miner hostage into my backroom , i start stripping them and removing their radio , then take their secret documents and prepare to set them free. Vagabond tells guild about it and they come barging in with 5 people . I try to speak with the miner , but then one of them starts firing .30 through the door with a maxim LMG, so i start fighting back , and eventually get pain-knocked. I wake up from Pain-knockout and i get executed guild. I get revived and i go break into guild , take their armor on the stands , a maxim LMG , and a box of 4 blast nades. One of the miners calls IH and i start blasting them and throwing nades at them , and then kill a second miner which shows up and starts shooting. Daget then starts bwoinking me , and it goes back and fourth , eventually deciding to ban me for a week.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I believe my escalation was justified , along with Daget24's very hostile attitude towards me in my ticket , along with his constant reminders of warnings , and his suspicion of me "ban-baiting" people. I believe this ban was more motivated by daget's rage

Extra notes:

The chat logs only seem to prove my point . Round before 11:20 PM.logs should be on the host's box.

SPCR

Re: SPCR - Daget24

Post by SPCR »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Chat logs + Ban reason when trying to join.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

After reviewing the logs, here's how it went down. First of all, this happened in a publicly accessible area around the vicinity of a broken door into a restricted area.

The person who was breaking in was not the Miner, but the Vagabond that slipped away. The Miner was just caught by you in the wrong place at the wrong time. Here's your first fuck-up. Non-vocally attacking both the miner and the vagabond. That's a no-go. Now- Capturing someone for breaking in to your restricted areas? That's fine. Especially since you used beanbags, I approve.

Your non-vocal method is what's not fine, but that's not a big issue worth a warning, let alone a ban. Let's keep track of it however. The second problem was not raising this straight to Ironhammer, instead trying to deal with it yourself. Questionable, but whatever. It's fine.

Then came the guild knocking. The reason they came in aggressively and guns blazing is because the Vagabond had told them you're turning the miner into meat. They didn't wait, made their intentions known on the common radio and just rushed in. This is understandable, considering the information they were given.

You shot at /them/ first. Yeah they were /shooting/ first, but they were shooting at doors. You shot at them- Granted with a beanbag, you still shot first. A fight ensued, you lost. They decapitated you, you got revived.

The decapitation incident here breaks our murder rule. They should not have decapped or killed you. You should have stopped here and made an ahelp. Addressing that here is out of scope of this appeal, so we'll leave it here. Everything they did from the raid to killing you was against the rules.

You got revived and the first fucking thing you do is run back to the guild and start killing. I am talking less than 4 minutes from leaving medbay and the first log of you shooting someone.

That is unacceptable. That is the reason for the ban here. Not the fight in the guild, not you kidnapping the miner, not you wordlessly attacking people.

You should have dealt with this like a proper person and either A-Helped it or let IronHammer bring people to justice. Acting like a wordless murderhobo has never been okay and I can't lift this ban with good conscious after looking through the logs and seeing your actions.
SPCR

Post by SPCR »

Gray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:13 pm After reviewing the logs, here's how it went down. First of all, this happened in a publicly accessible area around the vicinity of a broken door into a restricted area.

The person who was breaking in was not the Miner, but the Vagabond that slipped away. The Miner was just caught by you in the wrong place at the wrong time. Here's your first fuck-up. Non-vocally attacking both the miner and the vagabond. That's a no-go. Now- Capturing someone for breaking in to your restricted areas? That's fine. Especially since you used beanbags, I approve.

Your non-vocal method is what's not fine, but that's not a big issue worth a warning, let alone a ban. Let's keep track of it however. The second problem was not raising this straight to Ironhammer, instead trying to deal with it yourself. Questionable, but whatever. It's fine.

Then came the guild knocking. The reason they came in aggressively and guns blazing is because the Vagabond had told them you're turning the miner into meat. They didn't wait, made their intentions known on the common radio and just rushed in. This is understandable, considering the information they were given.

You shot at /them/ first. Yeah they were /shooting/ first, but they were shooting at doors. You shot at them- Granted with a beanbag, you still shot first. A fight ensued, you lost. They decapitated you, you got revived.

The decapitation incident here breaks our murder rule. They should not have decapped or killed you. You should have stopped here and made an ahelp. Addressing that here is out of scope of this appeal, so we'll leave it here. Everything they did from the raid to killing you was against the rules.

You got revived and the first fucking thing you do is run back to the guild and start killing. I am talking less than 4 minutes from leaving medbay and the first log of you shooting someone.

That is unacceptable. That is the reason for the ban here. Not the fight in the guild, not you kidnapping the miner, not you wordlessly attacking people.

You should have dealt with this like a proper person and either A-Helped it or let IronHammer bring people to justice. Acting like a wordless murderhobo has never been okay and I can't lift this ban with good conscious after looking through the logs and seeing your actions.
Then the rules should be clearer on escalation , Daget24 has not bothered to explain that what they did was also wrong , and instead has gone with the premise that they were allowed to murder me , but not for me to fight back.
Its especially hard to see whats considered wrong and right about escalation when the rules page has very little details regarding this, and when the average murder is not ahelped by anyone.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

Daget cannot go back and punish them for murdering you after you've gone ahead and escalated it further. It's a pretty known thing that admins won't intervene if you don't ahelp.

What part of the murder rule wasn't clear enough for you to think it's okay to raid and kill a whole department?
SPCR

Post by SPCR »

Gray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:26 pm Daget cannot go back and punish them for murdering you after you've gone ahead and escalated it further. It's a pretty known thing that admins won't intervene if you don't ahelp.

What part of the murder rule wasn't clear enough for you to think it's okay to raid and kill a whole department?
I only killed 2 guildies, and i aimed specifically for those who helped kill me. The whole departament was 5(i only killed the 2 miners by PB'ing with a stolen maxim). The rule was preety clear that if you they go severe-harm , you can do the same amount of harm to them, and especially murder if they executed a order (in this case , all of them deciding to bash my head off)

Ontop of this , i honestly believed they were justified to kill me, this appeal is mostly aimed at removing/shortening my ban , not at getting the other side banned.

I wouldn't consider breaking into a departament to kill 2 people who murdered you as a full on-raid, i also did not decapitate any body(unlike them, who decapitated me) , and made no attempt to prevent revivals, and have not stolen any artifact or broke any doors to get in deeper and seek more guildies.
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

The two people you killed weren't even the people who killed you so your response doesn't make sense.
SPCR

Post by SPCR »

Gray wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:16 am The two people you killed weren't even the people who killed you so your response doesn't make sense.
The 2 people i killed was the guild miner , Artie that shot me , and the one which i took hostage (Jonathan) , which after being uncuffed and after i woke up , started hitting me. with jonathan being the grabber and artie the one stomping me.(as shown by chat logs)
Gray
EN Sector Head

Post by Gray »

These were not the people who killed you. One was the one you unrightfully kidnapped and the other was a guildie who participated in the fight in the club. Neither were the ones who /killed/ you. Therefore, your response was not proper.
SPCR

Post by SPCR »

Gray wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:31 am These were not the people who killed you. One was the one you unrightfully kidnapped and the other was a guildie who participated in the fight in the club. Neither were the ones who /killed/ you. Therefore, your response was not proper.
According to chat logs , they were both attacking me , one aiming head and one aiming chest.