Benblu

Where were you banned:

EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

"Alt account of KKJ113, appeal on the forums if this is not the case"

Your version of events:

On sixteenth of January i had logged off of an Eris round to take care of some irl business. When i came back for the next one, the ban message has popped up and i was left none the wiser.

I believe this to be a mistake of the automatic system, or a result of someone messing with CIDs. I've seen videos of it happening before, and from what i've heard Eris had an issue with one nasty ban-evader. My current theory is that he had used CIDs of other players, including my own, to ban evade, and hence landed me a ban.
Obviously i don't recall ever playing or getting banned on the account mentioned in the ban message.
Link to the video showing a described issue will be posted in extra notes.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I'm not an alt account, so far as i'm aware at least. As mentioned above i suspect it to be a mistake.
I've been an active part of the community for the past few weeks, had fun playing alongside other players and contributed to the whole of the atmosphere. You can ask other players about statics such as Tristan Smirnov, Jeremiah Newton or simply my discord handle.

Extra notes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkB8S3y ... el=Kolokol

link to a video of le russian hacker using other people's CIDs to ban evade. Proof that such a thing is possible and prolly occured in this case.

Gray
EN Sector Head

Re: Jakub29 - Benblu

Post by Gray »

You share both the IP and CID with KKJ113, the likeliness of that is near impossible. We cannot lift your ban at this time.
Jakub29

Post by Jakub29 »

Understood
Jakub29

Post by Jakub29 »

Though i do have to inquire.
Wouldn't the game automatically lock me out if both my CID and IP were the same?
As far as my knowledge goes, Byond bans aren't exclusive to just the unwanted
byond account. For sure, at least the IP has got to be accounted for.

Hence my question. If both my IP and CID were the same as the ones of a banned person, wouldn't i be locked out of the game by default? I've been playing fairly often throughout the last month so clearly, that wasn't the case.

Just doesn't make much sense if you ask me. Though i may just be missing out on the details.
columbo-main-NEW.jpeg
columbo-main-NEW.jpeg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Firefox13
Project Leader

Post by Firefox13 »

There's a system that warns admins about matching CIDs or IPs but it doesn't ban automatically if it matches both.