Father - kjio

Banning admin:

Daget - Valo

Where were you banned:

Discord - EN server

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

You were banned from CEV Eris for 3 minutes | warnings, generally obnoxious personality, spamming disgusting shit and insulting people from no reason. See ya, wont miss ya.
(discord)

Banned by host: Reason:You, or another user of this computer (kijo) is banned from playing here the ban reason is: Memed on comms, was given brain damage and told to stop. decided to delam the SM immediately after. This ban was applied by Valothebrute on 2022-10-17 05:08:57.

Your version of events:

Okay, there is a double whammy here; Firstly, I'll talk about the discord ban, then move on to the EN server ban.

As for being banned from the Discord server, I will break it down and address each part for clarity.

The first reason for this ban being the warning was probably unjust, but it was based on the three-strike system. Of the previous warnings, I will take it on the nose and say it was my fault as I do not honestly remember at this time, but I do have a vague memory of one of them being a joke warning; at the time, they were dispensed like candy.

Secondly, we have a generally obnoxious personality. This one will be hard to disprove or prove; I do not believe I was being obnoxious to others; even now, I am usually not a fan of confronting people and try to enjoy my free time. Probably hard to prove this other than finding some people to vouch for me if any remember me. As for Daget, he and I only got along sometimes because we disagreed on most things.

Thirdly, and I'll mix the last two parts here, was the spamming disgusting shit and insulting people for no reason. So for the spamming disgusting shit, that would be the image of the nipple man or 'Him'. Anyway, I used to like posting it occasionally, which, at this point, I am way past. As for insulting people for no reason, I can only assume that he was talking about "these balls in yo mouth", which was the only thing close to an insult I'd ever say to someone; And in that, it's just a play on the previous person's words (more fun than an insult, but Daget hated it when I said it to him). I don't know what I said to piss him off if it's not that.

The EN server ban
I started the round as the only techno on the ship and was setting up the Sm as usual. About halfway through the setup, the captain asked questions on the engineer comms (can't remember what). I responded to him, "___ these balls in yo mouth." There is relatively nothing interaction; I have done it every round for the two years I've played. A habit, but no one has complained. I get an IC whisper ( not an Admin message) of something like, "You get the feeling you should not say that." I verbally reply, IC, what the hell does that mean? No response, so I continued my work regardless but was still confused. About two to three minutes later, I started to suffer the effects of brain damage. Realising this was not the usual space madness you get from looking at the SM, I Ahelp the admin at the time with an explanation for what was happening, but there was no response.

I continued setting up the SM, and at this point, the brain damage was so bad that my character was passing out every 30 seconds and dying; I could not interact with any of the consoles to finish setting up. So at this point, I Ahelped again to ask what was going on and did it have to do with what I said. This time I got a response, but it was only something along the lines of "Do not say meme phrases."

I was at death's door and would not make the trip to Medbay. Being more than a bit spiteful, I decided to blow the SM. Not being able to interact with any consoles or buttons to finish the setup, I thought I might as well say fuck you. I recognise that what I did was terrible, and in the future, I will not blow the sm near a round start; the lack of any warning and minimal communication mixed with a death sentence to the only techno for a meme phrase is a bit much. I will not accuse malice in any form because I recognize that Valo was a trainee admin at the time. I request more communication.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I'll keep things much more SFW (not posting of 'Him'). That and I'll be mind full to not cause massive damage early on in the rounds regardless of situation.

Extra notes:

thanks babes

Rumplenutskin

Re: Father /kjio - Daget / Valo

Post by Rumplenutskin »

Just throwing in my two cents as a player. I don't believe Father is a malevolent/toxic player. I've had many a great rounds that father's character has been a part of/actively contributed to.

As for the 'meme' phrase. I don't know, its been his catchphrase for as long as I've been on the server (2019)? So that stinks he caught a stray after it being kosher for so long. IMO shit talking is an integral part of Eris. Its how you get reactions out of people and start IC feuds. Unless you are throwing slurs or hate speech, why is speech being policed? Eris has always been a hands off server, that's what makes it great.

In summary, Father might be a dingus, but he's not a bad guy.

- Rumple
Doktor710
EN Sector Vice

Post by Doktor710 »

Appeal accepted. Unbanned in the game. Remember, however, that Eris is a roleplay server and maintaining the atmosphere is a part of it.
Techlock
Community Admin

Post by Techlock »

Unbanning from Discord as well. Remember that first violation after unbanning will likely result in a ban. Again.