CrudeWax - Techlock

Make sure to follow the ban appeal instructions in the stickied thread.

Moderators: Game admins, Game moderators

CrudeWax

CrudeWax - Techlock

Post by CrudeWax »

BYOND username/Discord Name and Tag:

atomicsubmarine#6287

Banning admin:

Techlock

Where were you banned:

Discord

Type of Ban:

Permanent

Reason for ban:

Discussing a russian "political" subject in sin-bin

Your version of events:

We had a discussion about tactics used by the fictional military in the war hammer universe wtih valo, vandujr and a few other people. I pointed out that tactics used by imperium mirrored those used by the soviet state during WWII, and commented how despite this atrocity a lot of russians still view the soviet union in a positive light. I didn't consider this to be an objectionable/bigoted expression as I am talking about a worldview SOME russians share, not russians as an ethnicity.

I intended to end it there but was then prompted as to why. I proceeded to answer that it was due to systemic societal issues. I apologized for the act on the spot.

Quote,
"sorry I know I tend to derail convos into more historical/political topics I am just always reminded that a large part of the population still thinks it was a great time to be alive and the leaders were very based.

Rant over"

Why you think you should be unbanned:

I apologized then and there first and foremost, secondly I find the scope of "political" subject to be ill-defined in the rules, causing confusion and inconsistent moderation policy, when both admins and community members touch on political subject on a regular basis yet only select ones get punished. I also did not find anyone in the community objecting to me being unbanned.